Environmental Project Manager
EEC is a national environmental consulting firm that specializes in assessment and remediation of soil, soil gas and groundwater; environmental compliance; and storm and wastewater design and consulting.
EEC is headquartered in Orange, California, and has a regional office in Annapolis, Maryland. The firm has experienced consistent growth throughout its 24-year history that has been driven by a philosophy of providing high-level, rapid turnaround, cost-effective environmental services for clients while providing a comfortable and rewarding experience for the firm’s environmental professionals. Additional information can be found on the company’s website at www.eecenvironmental.com.
Our principals and senior management team bring more than a century of experience to each project, making EEC a leading national full-service firm, offering one-stop, turn-key solutions for projects of all sizes.
EEC is seeking motivated Environmental Project Managers to join our team in Orange, CA. The Environmental Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects (site assessment, remediation, & due diligence) and provides quality control and quality assurance for assigned projects on a daily basis to ensure that goals or objectives of the project(s) are accomplished on time and within the prescribed budget.
The Environmental Project Manager is expected to take ownership of assigned tasks and demonstrate leadership through technical expertise, flexibility, and competency. Candidates should have strong geologic, environmental, or compliance background, be familiar with applicable environmental regulations, proven experience solving problems, have the ability to work alone or with a team, have strong time management skills, promote a positive and collaborative work environment, and exhibit a reliable work ethic. Project managers with a strong business development mentality are preferred.
This is a great opportunity for motivated individual who feels trapped in the a big consulting environment where they do not have the ability to provide their clients with the response and service they deserve.
• Perform analysis for complex environmental and engineering projects related to subsurface contamination.
• Implement Phase I & II site assessments, including field work and sampling activities.
• Perform feasibility testing and prepare remedial action plans.
• Human health risk assessment experience a plus.
• Manage and interpret laboratory data and investigation-related data.
• Coordinate extensively with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Toxic Substances Control, California Regional Water Quality Control Board, local CUPAs, and other regional agencies.
• Manage projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure EEC’s high quality standards on project deliverables.
• Competency in a combination of areas, including field supervision, technical knowledge, and project management
• Proven ability to support safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget.
• Perform environmental due diligence and compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities, and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
• Provide clients with regulatory guidance and assist them with maintaining regulatory compliance.
• Use excellent interpersonal skills to work with diverse personalities.
• Strong written and verbal communication with technical writing experience
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Manage and communicate results, budget, and schedule information to the client, program managers, and company leadership.
• Identify new clients and/or develop additional work within an existing project or with an existing client (i.e., business development).
• Represent EEC and interact in a professional manner with client, subcontractors, and regulatory personnel.
• Attend conferences and seminars.
• Mentor junior EEC staff members.
• Participate in professional organizations.
• Business Development
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related discipline.
• 5 to 15 years of experience in environmental consulting, working on environmental projects.
• Solid knowledge of technical area of expertise.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
• Ability to develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with clients and identify and capitalize on sales opportunities.
• Self-driven and self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Local candidates preferred.
• Required to sit or stand at an office workstation, sometimes for extended periods of time
• Required to work on keyboard, using mouse while looking at computer screens/monitors, sometimes for extended periods of time
• Comfortable working outdoors and able to perform field work on uneven surface
• Required to work with tools and appropriate and materials used for sample collections
• Be able to lift up to 25 lbs
TO APPLY: email@example.com
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in EEC!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Orange, CA
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
• Competitive market-based salary
• Life/Long Term Disability
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Plan after 1 Year
• 5 Sick Days
• 2Wks Vacation
EEC Environmental is an E-Verify Employer.
Keywords: Site Assessment Remediation Skills, Phase I, Phase II, Report Writing, Project Management, Project Manager, Technical Writing, Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Storm Water, Waste Water PFOS, PFOA, Water Treatment, Quality Control, Analysis, Business Development
Submit Resumes to:
1 City Boulevard West Suite 1800 Orange, CA 92868
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (714) 667-2310