Commercial Utility Design Projects
- Design of new construction and rebuild of water distribution and wastewater conveyance lines
- Geographic information system (GIS) mapping/asset management
- System modeling, coordination, and loading
- Field staking
- Gas and electric system mapping
- Gas transmission and distribution design services
- Existing Utility Availability Assessment
- Utility Capacity Analysis and Studies
- Public and/or private utility design services
Industrial laundry operations are water and wastewater intensive operations with unique site utility demands. Identifying the key utility issues associated with such an operation is a critical component of site acquisition efforts. EEC Environmental (EEC) provides detailed utility due diligence services to identify potential utility limitations prior to significant investments in a candidate property. EEC’s research includes personal interviews with local utility providers as well as obtaining utility company as-built/facility maps, and field verification of site conditions.
Based on a detailed understanding of facility operations and regulatory compliance programs to this industrial category, EEC can develop accurate cost estimating of utility company capacity charges/fees (refundable, non-refundable), utility upgrade costs, permitting/surcharge fees, as well as site design recommendations to address identified utility limitations.
Design services have ranged from verification of existing utilities to complete utility design and installation, including permit and construction plan development and submittal. Common design services have included sewer/grease waste system design, private and public water connections, gas service design, and electrical service upgrades.