ERA Level 1 Evaluation and Report for a Southern California Metal Finishing Facility
- Performed comprehensive evaluation of stormwater program and documents
- Conducted site evaluation of stormwater BMP implementation and identified pollutant sources
- Provided ERA Level 1 Evaluation Report and ensured proper submittal to SMARTS database
- Provided recommendations for BMP improvements and monitoring enhancements
- Evaluated and tracked laboratory sample results
- Assisted with the completion of stormwater Annual Report
EEC Environmental (EEC) was retained by a Southern California metal finishing company to conduct and ERA Level 1 evaluation and report for their Southern California facility. For this project, EEC evaluated the facility’s Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), current BMP implementation, sampling and monitoring plans, and historic sample results.
EEC also conduct a site walk evaluation to identify the potential sources of pollutants onsite and to evaluate the BMPs implemented to control those pollutants. Based on this information EEC prepared and ERA Level 1 Evaluation Report, and assisted the facility with uploading the report and updated SWPPP to the State’s SMARTS database.
Once the ERAL Level 1 was completed, EEC assisted the facility with identifying qualifying storm events, sample collection procedures, and evaluated sample results to ensure the facility reached baseline status. At the end of the sampling year, EEC assisted the facility with the completion their stormwater Annual Report in SMARTS.
EEC’s Stormwater/ National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) group has developed and implemented municipal, industrial, commercial, and construction programs to achieve full compliance with federal, state, and local stormwater regulations. EEC has been specializing in stormwater compliance for more than 20 years.