- Designed a 2.5 million gallon per day wastewater treatment system
- Meet the Chinese ocean discharge standards
- Provide turnkey feasibility study, design, equipment procurement, construction management, start-up and operator training
- Complete physical, chemical, and biological treatment
- Technologies include API separator, parallel plate interceptors, gas flotation units, flocculation, fine bubble diffusion, and activated sludge
- Treatment for oil and grease, toxic organics, suspended solids, ammonia, chemical oxygen demand (COD) and biochemical oxygen demand (BOD)
- Stormwater diversion and treatment
- Design for future water reuse
- Sludge treatment – sludge converted into a fuel source
EEC Environmental (EEC) designed a 2,500,000 gallon per day wastewater treatment plant at a large industry in China. This work was performed in order for the plant to meet their Ocean Discharge Standards. The new treatment consists of stormwater and process water treatment with the following technologies: API Oil/Water Separation, PPI Oil/Water Separation, Gas Flotation, Chemical Precipitation and Flocculation, and Activated Sludge Treatment. Sludge treatment consists of sludge thickening, plate-and-frame filter press dewatering, sludge drying, and conversion to a fuel source.
Phase 2 will consist of ultra-filtration and reverse osmosis of the treated water for reuse into the plant’s cooling towers and boilers. EEC is providing system design, equipment procurement, construction management, and start-up and operator training for the system.