EEC Environmental (EEC) is currently providing support to a prominent property developer for compliance with California’s Prop 65. Services related to the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, 1986 (also known as Prelatedtion 65), which is a California law set out to promote clean drinking water and inform the public about the presence of toxic substances that cause cancer and/or birth defects in consumer products and their environment. EEC’s professionals understand the complexities of Prop 65 compliance issues and know how to address them. EEC’s California Prop 65 services include:
- On-site inspections and chemical inventory
- Supply chain analysis/data collection
- Compliance Assurance Process implementation
- Assessing areas of risk for California Prop 65 substances, and providing compliance strategies
- Preparation of Prop 65 related positional statements for clients (i.e., in relation to providing arguments against the listing of a chemical on the Proposition 65 list or for de-listing a chemical)
- Deriving “No Significant Risk Levels (NSRLs)” and “Maximum Allowable Dose Levels (MADLs)” for chemicals in the absence of OEHHA derived Safe Harbor Levels
Exposure assessments to determine compliance with the regulations and requirement for a warning.