Senior Project Engineer
EEC Environmental is actively seeking a creative and talented Senior Engineer to serve in a Sr. Project
Management role in our Orange County office. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the
execution of water/wastewater treatment, site development, and utility design projects while mentoring
a group of young, talented engineers. You will be expected to demonstrate excellent leadership, problem-
solving skills, and produce high-quality deliverables.
Candidates with the desired experience in ONE OR BOTH of the disciplines listed are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate is a seller/doer who is comfortable leading design teams and developing client
relationships. Candidates with a positive attitude and strong initiative will fit well with our existing group
of outstanding professionals. Occasional business travel may be required.
Project Management Responsibilities:
• Recruiting, managing and mentoring junior staff and mid-career engineers and scientists.
• Business development including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from
existing clients; developing proposals and cost estimates.
• Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties.
• Manage project schedules, budgets, costs, subcontractors, project quality, and client satisfaction.
• Participate in local and national technical associations (e.g. ASCE, WEF, AWRA, GRA, etc.).
DISCIPLINE 1: Water/Wastewater Responsibilities
• Manage a wide range of design and design-build projects including industrial pretreatment
systems, collection and conveyance systems, pump stations, storage and treatment facilities, and
wellhead treatment systems.
• Project management and oversight of design, planning and permitting, trouble shooting, and
system optimization including design-build projects.
• Reviewing and preparing technical reports, construction documents, and specifications.
• Occasional fieldwork including contractor oversight and process troubleshooting tasks.
DISCIPLINE 2: Civil/Utility Design Responsibilities
• Manage a range of projects including ground-up development, redevelopment, wet/dry utility
design, and grading and drainage projects for industrial, commercial, educational, and municipal
• Manage conceptual, preliminary, and construction drawing development.
• Provide client services such as cost estimating, bidding and construction support, RFI
• Occasional fieldwork including construction administration tasks.
• Approves all drawing packages, exhibits and documents assembled.
• BS in Engineering with 10+ years of demonstrated experience in the consulting industry with
private and public projects.
• Valid California Professional Engineer (PE) license required.
• Demonstrated experience with industrial and municipal clients in water supply,
water/wastewater treatment, and water re-use projects.
• Demonstrated experience in land development projects including ground-up development and
• Working knowledge of Federal and California regulations.
• Experience with managing multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments,
meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
• Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients and growing a practice
that sustains a group of professional junior staff.
• Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers (preferred).
• Valid U.S driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel.
• Proficient with MS Office software.
• Strong oral and technical writing skills.
• Competitive market-based salary
• Life/Long Term Disability
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Plan after 1 Year
• 5 Sick Days
• 2Wks Vacation
TO APPLY: email@example.com
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in EEC!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Orange, CA
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
EEC is a national environmental consulting firm that specializes in assessment and remediation of soil, soil gas and groundwater; environmental compliance; and storm and wastewater design and consulting.
EEC is headquartered in Orange, California, and has a regional office in Annapolis, Maryland. The firm has experienced consistent growth throughout its 24-year history that has been driven by a philosophy of providing high-level, rapid turnaround, cost-effective environmental services for clients while providing a comfortable and rewarding experience for the firm’s environmental professionals. Additional information can be found on the company’s website at www.eecenvironmental.com.
Our principals and senior management team bring more than a century of experience to each project, making EEC a leading national full-service firm, offering one-stop, turn-key solutions for projects of all sizes.
This is a great opportunity for motivated individual who feels trapped in the a big consulting environment where they do not have the ability to provide their clients with the response and service they deserve.
EEC Environmental is an E-Verify Employer.
Submit Resumes to:
1 City Boulevard West Suite 1800 Orange, CA 92868
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (714) 667-2310