COVID-19 Virus Employer Consulting Services
With the elevated risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, employees need additional protection from infection in the workplace. EEC Environmental has the necessary expertise to help you return your employees safely back to work. Using our extensive experience in worker health and safety, we can assist organizations to prepare a detailed plan for the new normal with our employer consulting services.
Returning Employees to Work Safely During the COVID-19 Pandemic
To return your staff to the workplace safely, you must follow the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Recommendations from the CDC for Employers
The CDC provides a comprehensive set of guidelines for reopening workplaces. As some buildings weren’t in use for an extended period, the agency recommends first ensuring your facilities are safe for reoccupation.
Water systems will require flushing and inspection for mold before allowing staff back. As well, you’ll have to take steps to improve the ventilation of the building. If the building is safe, you’ll have to take additional precautions to protect staff. Some of these include:
- Create a detailed hazard assessment to limit employee exposure to the virus
- Identify the areas where there are increased risks of exposure, such as common spaces
- Separate workers wherever possible to maintain social distancing
- Establish communication plans to update employees about new developments
- Develop hazard controls as per the hierarchy of controls to reduce transmission
- Ensure plans are in place for visitors like contractors and keep them informed about company controls
Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plans
EEC Environmental can help you to develop the recommended infectious disease preparedness and response plans. We have a team of professionals who can help you understand the threats posed by your existing work environment, and how to overcome them with the right set of controls. These workplace specific plans consider your unique environment when developing preventative measures to keep your staff safe.
EEC Environmental can assist you with our:
- Decades of experience in employee and environmental health safety requirements
- A team of certified professionals including industrial hygienists
- Compliance and monitoring of plans to ensure your staff remains protected
- Cleaning and disinfectant vendors including decontamination of surfaces, workspaces, and reception areas
Getting Your Workforce Up to Speed with EEC Environmental’s Employer Consulting Services
Dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic requires employers to take additional steps that protect their workforces. EEC Environmental remains committed to helping our customers navigate the new requirements and guidelines to keep workers safe.
Our employer consulting services will help you understand your current risks, create a plan to return to work safely, and limit the hazards to your staff. EEC Environmental can help develop a return to work plan, provide monitoring systems, train your staff, and document your new processes and instructions.
To start your return to work planning with our employer consulting services, get in touch with our Maryland or Southern California offices today.